The Unley Concert Band is currently seeking applications for the position of Music Director. The position would commence in April, 2018.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a nationally recognised community concert band. The MD will work with the Band’s committee to develop and implement the band’s strategic plan that will see the ensemble continue to develop and contribute to the communities of Unley and South Australia.
- Managing weekly rehearsals
- Selecting programs for rehearsals, concerts and competitions
- Providing musical direction and guidance
- Securing performance opportunities
- Working with the committee to plan an annual performance and rehearsal schedule
- Assisting the committee to recruit members
- Providing support and guidance to the Drum Major regarding marching activities
- Assisting the committee to maintain and build relations with the City of Unley.
- The MD will receive an honorarium and an annual budget for purchasing new music.
The Unley Concert Band was formed in 1997 and is the reigning South Australian A Grade concert band champion and was the runner-up at the 2017 Australian National Band Championships. The Band has more than 60 members and is active in the community including through its own annual season of concerts, local and national competitions and as a marching band at community events led by our Drum Major.
Regular rehearsals are held on Wednesday evenings from 7.30-9.30pm in the Unley Town Hall (Oxford Street, Unley). For further information and application details, please contact Matthew Dorey (Secretary)
Applications are due by COB February 28, 2018.